The Mission: To provide one-on-one tutoring and educational advocacy for school-aged children impacted by homelessness.
The Vision: To equip children impacted by homelessness with the educational tools necessary to achieve success in life and break the cycle of homelessness.
During the first 13 years, School on Wheels:
- Provided tutoring at shelter and school locations throughout Marion County
- Trained over 2,400 community volunteers as tutors
- Provided tutoring to 4,244 school-aged homeless children
- Provided 51,302 hours of tutoring
- Distributed 2,346 backpacks filled with school supplies to homeless children
- Distributed 12,516 school uniform items to homeless children
*September 2001 through June 2014*
Read more about us.