The Mission: To provide one-on-one tutoring and educational advocacy for school-aged children impacted by homelessness.
The Vision: To equip children impacted by homelessness with the educational tools necessary to achieve success in life and break the cycle of homelessness.
During the first 12 years, School on Wheels:
- Provided tutoring at shelter and school locations throughout Marion County
- Trained over 2,200 community volunteers as tutors
- Provided tutoring to 3,913 school-aged homeless children
- Provided 45,418 hours of tutoring
- Distributed 2,148 backpacks filled with school supplies to homeless children
- Distributed 11,351 school uniforms to homeless children
*September 2001 through June 2013*
Read more about us.